The European applications are for the nationals of countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. Unlike other foreign nationals, the citizens of the European Union (EU), the non-EU countries in the European Area (EEA) and Switzerland may qualify to enter and work in the UK, without a specific type of visa or work permits.

However, this process involves certain obligations to be met, in the case of bringing a non-EEA family member into the United Kingdom or to settle permanently. The EU national is automatically a Qualified Person if they are a job seeker, self-employed, worker or a student.

If you are a family member of a European Union (EU) national, you are initially allowed to enter the UK for a certain period of time, provided that you present a passport, EEA family permit, and a residence card or permanent residence card.

Although all EEA-based applications carry no fee with the Home Office, they tend to get complicated, especially when it comes to determining whether the EEA national falls within the category of “Qualified Person”.

At Farani Taylor, our team has extensive experience in assisting European nationals in all aspects of Immigration Law. The UK immigration authorities are making their assessments ever more stringent, therefore it is essential to obtain professional help to prepare your application according to the regulations.

Our solicitors are well known for their up-to-date knowledge of the rules and regulations, which means we can ensure that the applicant is aware of them too.

If you are a national of EEA country or non-EEA family member seeking to live, work or study in the UK, we are happy to help you and your family by providing advice and guidance regarding all aspects of European Immigration Law. Contact us today on 020 7242 1666.

Contact Us


Related Professionals

Farhan Farani

London City Office, Managing Director

View profile

Do you need professional legal assistance?