Civil Injunctions and Neighbour disputes

Civil Injunction/ Neighbour Dispute & Committal Proceedings

Under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, if someone is harassed, intimidated, verbally abused or threatened can apply to the County Court for a Civil Injunction Order against the perpetrator.

In our experience, this is quite common place among neighbours and the dispute can arise from anything ranging from complaining about a neighbour placing/throwing their rubbish in your driveway/garden to having serious arguments concerning excessive noise during the day and throughout the night which effectively deprives you of your quiet enjoyment of your home.

Breach of an Injunction Order can be enforced by way of Committal Proceedings. So, if a person fails to comply with the terms of the Order, you can ask the court to send him/her to prison for up to two years.

If you have a problem such as the above, we can help you reach a resolution for you either by writing to the perpetrator or to apply to the Court for a Civil Injunction Order. Our experienced team of Solicitors have successfully assisted many clients in the past and so their expertise in this area will definitely help you. 

Get in touch…

Complete the form below or call our office on 0207 242 1666.

employment law solicitors London

Hamidullah Khan

Director and Solicitor
Biography Hamidullah is an experienced Civil Litigation, Housing and Welfare Benefit Solicitor-Advocate with a wide and deep experience of court...
Read Profile