The UK government has recently confirmed that the ‘Graduate Route’ for all the International students will open for the applications on 1st July 2021.
This route for further 2 years work visa will be available to all the students, who have completed their Degree or Master’s. The PHD students will be given 3 years visa.
The attractive features of this visa are as under:
1. The visa holders will be allowed to take or look for any job at any level.
There is no need for sponsor or employer for applying this visa.
2. All the students who will be granted this visa can switch over to the work visa, within the country if they have found a suitable job.
3. The dependents of the students will be also eligible for this visa. However this concession is only for those people, who are already dependent. New dependents will be not permitted on this route.
4. The Home office fee for this work visa is £700+ £624 NHS surcharge per year.
5. The only drawback of this visa is that, it’s not extendable and the period does not count towards settlement visa.
However, the visa holder will be allowed to apply for all other routes, which leads to the settlement visa.