We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Client Care Manager, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- The Client Care Manager will consider if he needs to invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. If he decides to meet with you he will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Client Care Manager will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the Client Care Manager will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another partner to review his decision to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- It should be noted that we must resolve any complaint within 8 weeks from the date the complaint was actually received by us.
- If you are still not satisfied, or we have taken longer than the 8 weeks described above, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman.
- The Office of the Legal Ombudsmen came into effect on 06 October 2010. We very much hope that you will have no cause to complain but at the end of the firm’s internal complaints process you will have a further right to complaint to the Legal Ombudsmen at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, telephone 0300 555 0333 to consider the complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsmen within 6 months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.